The mission of the Resource Centre is to support effectively the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the university through leadership in acquiring, managing, and delivering information in an environment that fosters learning.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE RESOURCE CENTRE
- Loan facilities (Issues, returns, renewals and reservations)
- Information and Reference
- Literature search
- Reading Room
- Assistance in the use of the Resource Centre
- Photocopy: our services include self service and staff assisted photocopy
- Internet access
- On line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) to locate materials available in the Resource Centre
Access to UTM Online Resources
1. Science Direct Evidence Based Selection (EBS) e-Books Collection (2115 e-Books)
- Computer Science Collection 2015 – 2018
- Mathematical Science Collection 2019
- Engineering Collection 2015 – 2019
- Finance Collection 2015 – 2019
- Health Professions Collection 2015 – 2019
- Physics and Astonomy Collection 2015 – 2018
- Psychology Collection 2015 – 2019
- Social Sciences Collection 2015 - 2019
- 2012 Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection
- African Journal of Economic and Management Studies
- Business, Management and Economics eBook Collection Subscription
- Emerald Accounting, Finance and Economics eJournal Collection
- Emerald Business, Management and Economics eBook Series Collection Frontlist Library
- Emerald Business, Management and Strategy eJournal Collection
- Emerald Education eJournal Collection
- Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection
- Emerald Expert Briefings
- Emerald Fulltext
- Emerald Fulltext Plus
- Emerald HR, Learning and Organization Studies eJournal Collection
- Emerald Health and Social Care eJournal Collection
- Emerald Library & Information Sciences eJournal Collection
- Emerald Management 111
- Emerald Management 175
- Emerald Marketing eJournal Collection
- Emerald Operations, Logistics and Quality eJournal Collection
- Emerald Public Policy and Environmental Management eJournal Collection
- International Journal of Public Sector Management
- Social Sciences eBook Collection Subscription
- Academic Search Complete
- Business Source Complete
- eBook Collection(EBSCOhost)
- Environment Complete
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Regional Business News
- eBook Academic Collection (EBSCOhost)
- The Resource Centre collection has now reached to 20,500 volumes, 30 journal and periodical titles and local newspapers, Non-print materials including electronic products such as CDS, DVDs, audiocassettes and videotapes are also available.
- In the Reference Section one copy of all textbooks are available for consultation. This section also contains materials such as encyclopaedias, dictionaries, handbooks and past exams papers. Dissertations submitted in partial fulfillment of their respective undergraduate/postgraduate degrees can also be consulted in the Reference Section.
- Click here to download the list of new books added (Donation of books by British Council)
|Normal Working Days||Semester Break|
|Weekdays: 08.45 to 16.00 hrs||Weekdays: 08.45 to 16.00|
|Saturdays: 09.00 to 16.00 hrs||Saturdays: 09.00 to 13.00 hrs|
|Sundays & Public Holidays: Closed||Sundays & Public Holidays: Closed|
- Registered students of the University
- Full-time and part-time staff
- Members of the academic and executive bodies of the UTM
- Visiting academic staff and researchers
RESOURCE CENTRE REGULATIONS
- Members are issued with a Student ID Card to gain access to the Resource Centre. This card is required for all loan transactions.
- Every borrower is liable to compensate for loss or damage to any item of library material that is on loan in his or her name.
- Every borrower is liable to compensate the University for loss or damage to any item of Library Material that is on loan in his/her name.
- Resource Centre Material is considered lost when:
b. it is seriously damaged.
- The replacement cost of the library material is based on the value of the item plus administrative charges as assessed by the Librarian.
- The materials labeled as ‘REF’ are available only for consultation within the Resource Centre.
The loan period is governed by the type of Resource Centre materials as per table below:
|Type of Materials||Item Limit||Lending Period (Days)||Renewal Period in Days|
|Periodicals & Journals||1||3||2|
A fine of Rs 5.00 is applicable per item per day as from expiry date. Overdue fines continue to accrue on holidays and other days even when the Resource Centre is closed.
BEHAVIOUR IN THE RESOURCE CENTRE
- Students are expected to behave properly and to respect the needs of others.
- Users who are judged by Resource Centre Staff to create any disturbance, or to behave in an offensive manner, will be required to moderate their behavior or to leave the Resource Centre.
- Silence is required throughout the Resource Centre
- Smoking or consumption of food and drink within the Resource Centre premises is not permitted.
- Mobile must be switched off before entering the Resource Centre and should not be used anywhere within the premises.
- Users may bring their bags and other items into the Resource Centre only on the understanding that they keep them in places provided and at their own risk.
The Resource Centre is equipped with Camera Surveillance system.
If you have any questions about the use and facilities offered by the Resource Centre please contact our staff: