Office Superintendency29/06/2022 2023-04-10 15:22
Office of Registrar
The Office Super Intendency Unit of the University has the role of looking into functionality, comfort, safety, and efficiency of the built environment by integrating people, place, process, and technology. As a University, the main focus is to look into the students’ functionality and comfort in following classes in view of maximizing their experience at the campus and premises. The ‘Office of Superintendent’ which is under the prerogative of the facilities management cluster shall be involved in getting into policies & procedures, to get the maximum output with existing infrastructure and also bring innovation while looking into investments for the future infrastructure and facilities. The department remains the main point of contact to look into when the facilities available at the campus are faulty and whenever the students or staff believe that something is not functional as it should be. The main objective is to get the best fit solution with minimal disruption to the business continuity in providing online and face to face classes for the University of Technology, Mauritius. The model of deployment of the staff around the campus shall make the difference in view of targeting the most rapid service to the University in terms of solving the issues which may arise at any point in
The department looks after the listed below matters:
1. Contract administration and contract management for all services/works.
2. Management and maintenance of all facilities and amenities across the University
3. Oversee the health & safety aspects of the University
4. Upkeep and upgrading of all facilities
5. Management of security, cleaning and gardening services
6. Management of transport facilities.
7. Preparation of budgets for financial requirements of the University for building, renovation and upkeeping of the campus & premises
8. Implementation of capital projects
Services offered to the University is mainly to the infrastructure and its assets which are generally kept for students experience within the compound and online classes. The vetting and approval of contracts to protect the interest of the University and also provide assistance to the existing offices within to benefit the best outcome in terms of office experience as well as for academic staff in classes.