International Students14/03/2022 2023-06-05 14:40
The International Office operates under the Student Affairs. A dedicated staff assists the International Office in delivering distinctive services to international students from the day of the advertisement to the time of graduation. Services provided by the dedicated staff includes:
Prompt responses to queries despite time differences
Individual support to students who need special care and attention or who feel homesick
Arrangement for pick up at the airport and ensure that they safely reach the landlord residence
Sort out any personal issues that the international students may have
Assist with visa enquiries, such as extensions or deadlines
Provides assistance to international students’ responsible parties in case of any particular concerns
Day to day support through a dedicated WhatsApp group for communicating important information and highlighting on pastoral care
International Application Procedures
It takes 2-4 weeks to receive offer letter
After Application Processing
Apply For Your Student Visa
Acceptance of offer -: Students accept by paying the deposit stated as per the offer letter. This confirms the student’s place at the University and is also required for visa application. Submit your deposit of tuition fees along with a photocopy of your passport details page.
- The application ‘Form to Enter Mauritius’ to be filled and signed by the applicant (original letter required) – download application form http://passport.govmu.org
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Copy of the data pages of the passport of the applicant
- Letter of offer, specifying the detail of the course enrolled for (Copy)
- Sponsor letter from parent/sponsor stating that they will be financially responsible for the applicant during his/her stay in Mauritius as student (original letter required)
- Evidence of funds to meet costs of training from applicant’s sponsor to prove that the applicant has access to sufficient funds to cover all the expenses associated with his/her training at UTM (original bank statements required)
- Accommodation letter signed by the owner of the house/flat to prove where the student will be staying in Mauritius (original letter required)
- In case of a minor, a letter of consent from the responsible parties/guardian to be produced
We strongly recommend that you visit your local doctor and have a medical check for the below mentioned conditions on ‘COMPLETE MEDICAL TESTS IN MAURITIUS AND RECEIVE STUDENT VISA’ before coming to Mauritius. If you are found to have infringed any of the above conditions whilst you are in Mauritius, the provisional entry permit will be cancelled and you will be required to leave Mauritius within two (2) weeks.
The above documents are required by the Passport and Immigration Office (PIO) in Mauritius and we will submit those along with the following documents to the PIO, Port Louis, for the issue of your visa:
- Original letter of admission from UTM
- Receipt for the payment of tuition fees
Receive entry visa allowing students to travel in Mauritius
Complete medical tests in Mauritius and receive student visa
Medical test in Mauritius
The student is also requested to produce to the Passport and Immigration Office within one month as from the date of his/her arrival, a medical certificate by any private Laboratory/Clinic/Hospital in Mauritius certifying that he/she is not suffereing from HIV,Hepatitis B, Heart disease and Chest Infection.
Duration of Visa
Once the Passport Office receives the Medical Tests which confirm that the student is not suffering from any of the diseases listed above, it will send the visa of the student to UTM. The duration of the visa will be normally for a minimum of one year, depending on the course chosen, and renewable every year, provided that the student is still registered with UTM the following year.