Procurement28/06/2022 2023-02-24 14:19
Office of Registrar
Procurement is a key function of the University of Technology, Mauritius.
The Procurement Unit is one of the support departments falling under the aegis of the Office of Registrar.
The primary role of the Procurement Unit is to provide for the timely procurement of goods, works and services as required by the University to fulfil its overall mission, while also ensuring that all procurement activities within the University are carried out in accordance with legal requirements, financial regulations and appropriate procedures.
As a public tertiary education service provider, the University of Technology, Mauritius must comply with public procurement legislation.
The procurement process at the University is accordingly regulated by the Public Procurement Act 2006, the Public Procurement Regulations 2008, directives / circulars issued by the Procurement Policy Office, as well as the University’s internal policies and procedures.
The University of Technology, Mauritius works with a range of suppliers, large and small, to procure the goods, works and services required to keep the University running.
What we do?
The Procurement Unit at the University of Technology, Mauritius provides the following services to the University:
- Acquisition of goods, works and services that are necessary for the operation of the University.
- Preparing bidding documents and inviting bids.
- Verification, receipt and safe storage of goods.
- Issuing goods / materials to departments and Schools against proper and authorised requisition.
- Following up on purchase orders to ensure that goods and services are delivered on schedule.
- Implementing decisions of the Departmental Bid Committee and the Accounting Officer.
- Advising and assisting the University Management and user departments on matters pertaining to procurement.
- Maintaining and archiving documents and records of procurement proceedings.
- Following up and executing all the administrative work of the department.
- Carrying out any other functions or duties as may be provided under the Public Procurement Act 2006.
Who we are?
We are a professional team, adhering to the following core values, namely:
Our team’s motto can be expressed in a single question: “How can we help you?”
All correspondence related to procurement matters should be addressed to:
University of Technology, Mauritius
La Tour Koenig
Pointe aux Sables 11134
Republic of Mauritius
Tel. No.: (230) 207 5250
Fax No.: (230) 234 -6727
Email: [email protected]