MBA Financial Risk Management
Mitigating risk for business financial health!
Effective risk management is increasingly becoming recognized as a necessary condition for successful organizational performance. The Master of Business Administration degree in Financial Risk Management will train managers to deal with risks internally, inter-organisationally by skillfully financing it. Attention will also be paid to international dimensions of risks, which have become growing aspect of risk management with continued globalization.The programme is designed for students who want to develop organisational and analytical skills in a number of financial risk management roles in industrial, commercial and governmental organizations. The programme will enable students to critically evaluate and utilise new and established risk management tools in national and international contexts and measure the effectiveness of risk policy implementation.
- Help to prepare students a bit more for risk management roles. An MBA will be a helpful aid in future job opportunities regardless of the role, such as Audit and Assurance Supervisors, Operational Risk Consultant and Risk Analyst
Demonstrate key personal and inter-personal skills for effective management and implementation of solutions in organisations.
Show critical understanding of the significance of recent advances and theoretical developments in business, in financial risk management and their strategic implications.
Understand the concepts and contexts of risk, uncertainty and hedging.
Develop skills and methods for identifying risk signals and communicate these to stakeholders.
Develop specific knowledge and skills in risk management.
Critically evaluate and utilise new and established risk management tools in national and international contexts and measure the effectiveness of risk policy implementation.
- Admission decisions will be made by the School of Accounting, Finance and Economics on a case to case basis.
- Candidates must either be:
- Graduates of a recognised university or other institutions of higher education with at least a second class honours degree or holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree.
- Other honours graduates or holders of an equivalent qualification may be admitted if they produce evidence which satisfies the School Board of their competence to pursue the programme;
- Note: Applicants who do not satisfy the above requirements but who submit satisfactory evidence of having passed examinations or have acquired managerial experience which are deemed by the APL/APEL Committee to be equivalent to any of the above.
- Overseas Candidates
- Overseas candidates whose first language is not English and who do not hold a degree or equivalent professional qualification taught in English will be required to produce evidence of their competence in English.
14 Lessons2 Years, comprising 4 Semesters (Minimum Duration 2 years and Maximum Duration 4 years from date of registration)