MBA – General
Building leaders for the future.
This part-time MBA programme is designed to equip graduates for managerial success in all types of organisations and to meet the needs of a dynamic economy and society.It provides an advanced course for students aspiring for senior positions in organisations. It also aims at developing graduates capable of critical evaluation at an advanced level of the core business disciplines of economics, finance and accounting, marketing, human resource management, operations management, information systems management in contemporary context, operations management and strategic management. It will thus prepare managers to assume key positions of responsibility and perform in a wide variety of assignments within an organization or a sector sustainably. It has also got the added value of training students to start their own businesses. The MBA combines a blend of modules in fundamental management disciplines and specialist modules in various areas of management. The programme put emphasis on communication and human skills as well as the conceptual and technical skills critical to managerial careers and are intended primarily to meet the needs of people of the managerial community.
- The programme aims at equipping students with General Management knowledge and skills to operate effectively and efficiently as managers in varied organizations and sectors.
A systematic understanding of organisations, their management, and the changing external environment in which they operate;
A theoretical and practical grounding in the key disciplines of modern business and their application to business and management;
And develop key cognitive, problem solving, qualitative, quantitative, computing, interpersonal, group working and research skills; A critical awareness, informed by the latest theory and practice, of business management, and the changing external environments in which they operate;
A practical understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to enhance theory and practice in relation to the management of businesses;
Critical thinking and communications skills, thereby allowing our graduates to conduct research independently and to be able to evaluate the work of others;
Professional and personal growth of the student in a challenging atmosphere;
The opportunity for course members to study a series of self-contained intensive modules and to learn through action taking and through teamwork.
- Graduates from a recognised university or other institutions of higher education with at least a second class honours degree or holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree.
- Or A recognized Diploma in the relevant field with at least 5 years of work experience.
- Or An approved professional qualification recognized as being equivalent to an honours degree
- Or Other honours graduates or holders of an equivalent qualification may be admitted if they produce evidence which satisfies the School Board of their competence to pursue the programme
- Or Other qualifications and/or experience which demonstrate that a candidate possesses appropriate knowledge and skills at standard acceptable by the Academic Council.
14 Lessons2 years