MSc (Eng) Telecommunications Engineering
The sworn course for avid software developers who want to change the world!
Telecommunication is one of the most rapidly developing industry sectors globally. The MSc (Eng) Telecommunications Engineering programme, which is a continuation of the Eng (Hons) programmes in telecommunications and related fields, is directly relevant to the current needs of industry.The MSc (Eng) programme has been developed in consultation with leading telecommunications companies in Mauritius. This programme is designed to integrate a wider variety of study in telecommunications and related areas. With this sector experiencing major technological advancements in the recent years, the students shall develop and extend their knowledge, skills and professional practice through various types of assignments and research projects.
- A curriculum which provides a broader range of subjects to facilitate the development of skills, abilities, pursuit of interest and promotion of career development
- The ability to contribute to the new and modern developments and maintenance of infrastructural facilities and systems
- The confidence to design, build and manage more advanced building and structural systems
- A wider range of transferable and marketable skills and knowledge leading to a variety of employment opportunities within the design and wider associated engineering industries
- Teaching and learning techniques which lay emphasis on active and participative education
- The ability to apply modern technologies to solve problems in various areas of
- Telecommunications and related engineering areas
Achieve the understanding of engineering principles at higher levels and the ability to apply them to analyse key engineering processes;
Develop the ability to identify, classify and describe the performance of systems and components through the use of analytical methods and modeling techniques;
Develop more abilities to apply quantitative methods and computer software in order to solve engineering problems;
Be able to create and develop economically viable products, processes or systems to meet a defined need;
Acquire intensive knowledge of management techniques which may be used to achieve engineering objectives;
Acquire intensive knowledge of relevant legal requirements governing engineering activities, including personnel, health, safety and risk;
Achieve the understanding of the need for a high level of professional and ethical conduct in engineering;
Be able to apply their engineering skills, combining theory and experience, and to use other relevant knowledge and skills which include knowledge of characteristics of particular materials, equipment, processes, or products, workshop and laboratory skills, knowledge of quality issues, knowledge of codes of practice and industry standards, ability to work with technical uncertainty etc.
- The MSc (Eng) is adapted for students holding undergraduate degrees, awarded at least a Second Class Second Division Honours degree in telecommunication, electronic and related engineering programmes that are accredited by or meet the academic requirements set by the engineering councils where the programmes are run (for example, CRPE for Mauritius (CRPE SPEC), ECI for India, SIET for Singapore, etc) or by international engineering councils / agencies such as the Engineering Council UK Council (UK SPEC), the USA accredited engineering agency (ABET) etc.