MSC Educational Leadership and Management
This Masters of Arts in Educational Leadership & Management has been specifically designed so as to equip school leaders & managers, educational consultants, members of the inspectorate, educational planners & policymakers as well as anyone who is directly or indirectly involved in the field of education at pre-primary, primary and secondary levels. Apart from exposing students to the various theoretical underpinnings of educational management and leadership, this postgraduate degree will also enable students to investigate and critically analyse the unprecedented changes which have taken place over the last two years. This part-time MA programme will thus prepares students for leading today’s and tomorrow’s educational hubs by setting priorities, assessing the costs, and resources required for the holistic development of our educational institution in the quest to better serve the future generation.This programme aims at fostering students’ continuing professional development through reflection on practice and adapting to current challenges. It encourages them to become reflective and critical thinkers with an international outlook so that they can contribute towards the improvement of our existing education system. The objectives of this programme should enable students to: Enhance their knowledge to improve their understanding of educational leadership & management. Investigate ways in which effective leadership can be promoted and in so doing, transform educational institutions to become more effective and efficient in a rapidly changing and complex environment Enhance their ability to critically evaluate educational research and carry out empirical based research so as to further enrich the field of educational leadership.
After successful completion of the course, students will have career opportunities arising in the administrative areas of the educational sector, in both public and private spheres.
- (i) a Honours degree from a recognized University
- (ii) an approved professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to a honours degree by the Academic Council.
- (iii) an Ordinary Degree or a non-honours degree from a recognized University with at least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field which demonstrate that a candidate possesses appropriate knowledge and skills at a standard acceptable by the Academic Council.
- English Language Requirement
- Applicants not fulfilling the English Language requirement must have either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum test score of seven (7) for admission or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum test score of 550 for the paper-based test or a minimum test score of 79 for the internet-based test for admission.
15 LessonsMinimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years
Theoretical Foundations of Educational Leadership and Management
Social Perspectives on Education
Financial and Managerial Accounting
Research Methods (100% Coursework)
Educational Policy and Planning
Leadership in Educational Institutions
Educational Change & Organisational Development
Counselling in Educational Institutions
Contemporary Management Strategies for schools00:00:00
Corporate Social Responsibility00:00:00
Project Management for Sustainable Education00:00:00