MBA – Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Improving Supply chain in diverse organisations.
This course is open to graduates of any subject and is aimed at experienced middle-managers and professionals who have leading positions in senior logistics management.Our strategy is to train managers at the core of logistic businesses in solid competencies in organizing, planning, executing and controlling the supply chain generated for today’s companies when they administer the flow of products, information and services, with people as their most important asset. This strategy results in a complete curriculum covering management, logistics, transportation and Supply Chain Management modules that are linked together to provide our participants a whole platform within business in logistics activities.
- The programme aims to provide students with the specific skills in the management of logistics and supply chain which are key to effectively and efficiently manage the value chain in any type of organization.
The course equips participants with knowledge and skills relevant to business operations and strategy in a modern environment. Whilst providing a broad business background, it focuses on the management of the movement of materials, goods and labour, the supply chain, and issues in transport and distribution. This may be related to retail, passenger or freight applications, and may involve many forms of transport including air, sea, and road.
Rationalising the cost of such operations is a key task in many business organisations as part of cost-reduction strategies. The viability of an institution may be threatened if the right products are not delivered to the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
The course will develop the participant knowledge of the business environment, especially in regard to the management of logistics systems and the planning and delivery of logistics strategies. It examines the use of decision support systems and models related to logistics. Teaching will be augmented by high-profile lecturers from a wide range of private and public sector organisations.
- Graduates from a recognised university or other institutions of higher education with at least a second class honours degree or holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree.
- Or A recognized Diploma in the relevant field with at least 5 years of work experience.
- Or An approved professional qualification recognized as being equivalent to an honours degree
- Or Other honours graduates or holders of an equivalent qualification may be admitted if they produce evidence which satisfies the School Board of their competence to pursue the programme
- Or Other qualifications and/or experience which demonstrate that a candidate possesses appropriate knowledge and skills at standard acceptable by the Academic Council.
14 Lessons2 years