BSc (Hons) Emerging Technologies (Top-Up)
Emerging Technology is the Key to Everything the Future Can Be!
This BSc (Hons) Emerging Technologies Top-Up programme is designed to give students a solid grounding within the technical themes of evolving technologies, namely, the Internet of Things, Big data, cloud computing, serverless computing, creation of smart solutions amongst others, as well as IT project management and team building and more generally within the theme of professional development.The aims of the Top-Up programme are : (i) to bridge the gap between available skills in the current labour market and industry requirements (ii) to provide the diploma holders with the opportunity to upgrade their skills and knowledge in specific industry focussed technologies
- Possible jobs include Technical Consultant, System Analyst, System Programmer (AI & machine learning), Team Leader, Database Administrator, Software & Hardware Tester, Cloud support analyst, etc.
Identify, formulate, and solve complex computing problems by applying their knowledge from the programme
Communicate effectively with a range of audiences and to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
Develop and conduct appropriate applications to capture, store, analyze and interpret data, and draw conclusions in complex environments
Ability to develop innovative applications in the area of mobile computing, the Internet of Things, Cloud computing, and data management
- Holding either a Diploma in Information Technology (Big Data Analytics) or a Diploma in Information
- Technology (Internet of Things) or a Diploma in Emerging Technologies or a Diploma relevant in
- Information & Communication Technology from a recognized institution, pitched at level 6 of the National
- Qualifications Framework (NQF), acceptable to the APL/APEL committee.
10 Lessons1 / 1.5 Years
List of Core Modules:
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE (Full time)