MBA – Project Management
Ensuring quality project management and completion in different fields.
This part-time MBA programme prepares students for leading project teams, setting priorities, and assessing the costs, time needed, and resources required for the successful completion of a variety of corporate projects. Graduates with these skills will find themselves in high demand as quality assurance specialists and project managers. It is mainly designed to cater for the growing need of infrastructural development associated with the fast expanding economy. The Programme instills skills and knowledge required to be a successful Project Manager who must simultaneously manage four basic elements of a project: resources, time, money, and most importantly, scope. All these elements must be managed together if the project, and the project manager, is to be a success.• Resources – People, equipment, material • Time – Task durations, dependencies, critical path • Money – Costs, contingencies, profit • Scope – Project size, goals, requirements The MBA in Project Management is designed to foster the strategies required to manage projects of various scopes and sizes. The programme is also meant to develop techniques and best practices on how to avoid project pitfalls while you put your newfound project management skills to work in real-world exercises.The MBA combines a blend of modules in fundamental management disciplines well as in the specialised area of project management. The programme emphasises communication and interpersonal skills as well as the conceptual and technical skills critical to managerial careers and are intended primarily to meet the needs of people of the managerial community.
- The aim of the programme is to meet the specific requirements of managers/engineers and other cadres involved in the management of projects which requires specialized project management skills.
A systematic understanding of organisations, their management, and the changing external environment in which they operate;
A theoretical and practical grounding in the key disciplines of modern business and their application to business and management;
And develop key cognitive, problem solving, qualitative, quantitative, computing, interpersonal, group working and research skills; A critical awareness, informed by the latest theory and practice, of business management, and the changing external environment in which they operate;
A practical understanding of how established techniques of research and enquiry are used to enhance theory and practice in relation to the management of businesses;
To develop critical thinking and communications skills, thereby allowing our graduates to conduct research independently and to be able to evaluate the work of others;
Professional and personal growth of the student in a challenging yet friendly atmosphere;
The opportunity for course members to study a series of self-contained intensive modules and to learn through action taking and through teamwork.
- Graduates from a recognised university or other institutions of higher education with at least a second class honours degree or holders of an approved professional qualification deemed equivalent to an honours degree.
- Or A recognized Diploma in the relevant field with at least 5 years of work experience.
- Or An approved professional qualification recognized as being equivalent to an honours degree
- Or Other honours graduates or holders of an equivalent qualification may be admitted if they produce evidence which satisfies the School Board of their competence to pursue the programme
- Or Other qualifications and/or experience which demonstrate that a candidate possesses appropriate knowledge and skills at standard acceptable by the Academic Council.
14 Lessons2 years