Finance Department11/08/2022 2023-08-16 15:12
Frequently Asked Questions
General Fees – Rs 4,000/- per semester
– Rs 3,500/- per year up to October 2020 Intake
Student Union Fees – Rs 200/- yearly
Tuition Fees (Full Time Student) – Rs 22,300/- per semester
Tuition Fees (Part Time Student) – Rs 15,700/-per semester
Tuition Fees (Full Time Student) – Rs 24,800/- per semester
Tuition Fees (Part Time Student) – Rs 18,200/-per semester
Application fee for Mauritian Students – Rs 1,000/-
Application fee for International Students- US$50/-
General Fees – US$ 200/-per semester
Student Union Fees – US$ 10/- yearly
Tuition Fees – US$ 1,430/-per semester
Tuition Fees – US$ 1,680/-per semester
Tuition Fees – US$ 2,500/-per semester
1. A non-refundable application fee as determined by the University is payable by all upon submission of application forms for a seat at the University.
2. Non-refundable annual General Fees and Student Union Fees as determined by the University must be paid by all students at registration time.
3. Tuition fees are not refundable except in special circumstances or a limited number of grounds which are as follows:
- A refund of full tuition fees paid is considered for students having for some reasons made the wrong choice or who realise that they are unable to cope with the regime of higher studies, provided that the application for refund is made to the Registrar within the first ten working days of the start of the programme.
- A refund of 50% of the full semester tuition fees is considered on Medical, family or other acceptable grounds if full fees for the semester were actually paid, provided the request is received before the fifth week of the semester. No refund will be made if a lesser amount has been paid.
- Refund of fees on a pro-rata basis is considered for exemptions approved by the academic council.
- Is there any payment facility?
Student can send a request to the Finance Section for payment facility, which will be assessed on a case to case basis.
- Deadline for Payment:
Please refer to the Semester Calendar on the Website.
- Does UTM has a BRN and VAT Number?
UTM does not have a BRN and is not VAT Registered as it is an Educational Service Provider
The Office of Finance Section comprises of ten staff members who are dedicated, reliable and qualified to meet the expectations of all the stakeholders. Staff are encouraged to continuously upgrade their professional qualifications, know how and their skills to meet the ever-challenging nature of the University.